Burgers are one of those foods that nearly everyone craves. I would imagine most people don’t crave a good black bean burger as much as they do the meat-filled version but this recipe just might change their minds. It is full of flavor, has great texture and is so good for you! One of my favorite Nashville restaurants inspired me to crust this one with breadcrumbs and I think it’s the icing on the cake. For this recipe I used Harvest Snaps Mango Chili Lime Black Bean Snaps as the crust and it added such great flavor. If you can’t find this particular flavor, I think most of them would work.
In less than 30 minutes you can have a good ole burger on the table that is guaranteed to make the whole family smile. This recipe is great served with a side of Harvest Snaps or homemade sweet potato fries! Happy grilling!
Black Bean Burgers Featuring Harvest Snaps
- 1 Cans Black Beans (Drained & Rinsed)
- ½ Cup Cooked Quinoa
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- ¼ Cup Red Onions (Chopped)
- ½ Tablespoon Sea Salt
- ½ Tablespoon Black Pepper
- 2 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Oregano
- 2 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- ¼ Cup crushed Harvest Snaps Mango Chili Lime
- 3 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Preheat oven to 350º Fahrenheit.
- Add black beans, quinoa, garlic, onion, and seasonings to the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment.
- Pulse 4-5 times until well incorporated, then let run for 30 seconds. The mixture should be well blended but not too smooth.
- Pour Harvest Snaps breadcrumbs into a small, shallow bowl. With your hands, scoop a handful of the burger mixture and mold into shape. Place into breadcrumbs and coat both sides.
- Place coated patty into hot oil and sear on each side, about 3 minutes each. Repeat process with all patties.
- Place patties onto a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with your favorite burger toppings.
© 2020 © Copyright - A Happy Healthy Heart - All Rights Reserved