I’ve teamed up with Draper James to share my favorite cake of the summer: this Layered Berry Cake with Coconut Cream Icing. It’s really simple to make but makes a big impression at any party!
I’m wearing a breezy dress from the Draper James summer collection that is just perfect for all warm weather events.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do.
- Makes 4 8-inch layers
- 4 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 sticks butter, softened (vegan butter if dairy free)
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs (room temperature)
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cans full fat coconut milk (refrigerated overnight)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 cups of strawberries and blueberries (more or less to your liking)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 4 8-inch baking pans. Cut parchment paper in a circle the size of the bottom of the pans and line each pan.
- Once the flour is sifted, add baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat softened butter and sugar together until creamy. Slowly add in eggs, one by one.
- Pour in milk and vanilla.
- Gradually pour dry ingredients into the wet ingredients while the mixer is running. Mix until smooth.
- Evenly divide the mixture into all four pans. Beat on the side of pan to even mixture out.
- Bake in oven until golden brown, for about 35-40 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool on cooling racks.
- Meanwhile, make the icing. Open the cans of coconut milk and scrape cream into a medium bowl.
- Pour in powdered sugar. Using a hand mixer, beat the milk on low speed until thick and creamy.
- Assemble the cake by layering a cake layer, icing, and berries then repeat for all four layers. Top with as many berries as you like!
© 2020 © Copyright - A Happy Healthy Heart - All Rights Reserved