One of my very best friends got married last weekend and I have been away (in one of my favorite places), celebrating her and her new husband.
When we arrived back in Nashville on Monday it was raining. We heard that it had been raining for the past couple of days. I’m excited that the sun decided to show it’s face again today and bring in some fresh air. I’ve been working from home today and have all of my windows and doors open. It’s just perfect.
Wiley and I went for a quick run this morning and I told him that it felt like we were running through the rainbow. The colors of the leaves over our heads and on the ground were stunning! I am really in awe every year around this time.
When we got back I decided to make some pumpkin muffins for a bit of fuel. Since we have been gone, there weren’t a lot of ingredients in the pantry. I thought I had some pecans that my mom had given me but Wiley had them as his afternoon snack yesterday (surprise, surprise.) So these muffins are short on ingredients but big on taste. I hope you like them!
Pumpkin Muffins with Hemp Seed Crumble
- 1 flax egg
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup almond milk + 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup raw sugar (if you like it more sweet, add a few tablespoons more)
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tbsp cinnamon
- ¾ cup whole-wheat flour
- ¾ cup all purpose flour (unbleached)
- Optional: ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1-tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1-tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 tsp flour
- Mix together 1-tablespoon ground flax seed with 3 tablespoons water and allow to sit for five minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease muffin pan or use place muffin liners in pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all wet ingredients including flax egg and sugar.
- In separate bowl, stir together all dry ingredients.
- Once mixed, pour the dry ingredients in with the wet and stir.
- Pour mixture into individual muffin tins, using about ¼ cup of the mixture for each one.
- Stir together all of the ingredients for the topping in a small cup and sprinkle evenly on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
© 2021 © Copyright - A Happy Healthy Heart - All Rights Reserved